mace-opensaml-users - RE: class cast exception on marshaling

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: class cast exception on marshaling

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: class cast exception on marshaling
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:06:27 -0500

> Two weeks ago I wrote the e-mail below. The problem still
> persists. Doesn't anybody know what's wrong with that?

You're using unreleased code we don't support yet with a SOAP toolkit none
of us use. At this point, if people play around with the code and find
problems, we'll gratefully fix them, but expecting us to debug other
people's Axis code is a bit much at this phase of the game.

There's a reason we haven't released and won't do so until Shibboleth 2.0 is
done. That is our priority right now.

Offhand, that stack trace looks like a structural problem to me. Looks like
you're passing some SAML object to it as a SOAP fault. Or maybe Axis is just
masking the entire problem in its stack trace, in which case I would
strongly suggest you trace the code.