mace-opensaml-users - RE: The status of OpenSAML 2

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: The status of OpenSAML 2

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: The status of OpenSAML 2
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:41:28 -0500

> I'm considering using OpenSAML in the project I'm currently working on.
> The project might require features only available in SAML 2.0.
> Therefore, I'm trying to figure out whether it would be a better idea to
> use OpenSAML 2, or to use OpenSAML 1.1 and write the changes needed
> myself. So, I guess it comes down to; how stable is OpenSAML 2?

You didn't indicate what language you meant. Both versions are relatively
API stable, and both are extremely untested under any significant load or
real-world use, so nothing is set in stone.

I believe the signature and encryption APIs are not yet frozen in Java.

If you demand a frozen API or need to ship by early next year, then I
wouldn't suggest it.