mace-opensaml-users - RE: Question SAML Exception

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Question SAML Exception

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Question SAML Exception
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:12:42 -0500

> The SAML Message we get has an error code
> (EGOV_USER_LEVEL2_LOCKED). That SAML message does not have
> thus any assertion, but only the signature and the status.

Parsing a response like that will by design throw an exception containing
the status code error from the message. That, however, is not a legal SAML
status.

> I have seen in the documentation of the parse method in the
> class ParsePool, and it says that the SAMLException is thrown
> if there is no parser available. I find this very strange
> because I think the SAML message gets parsed since I know its
> error status.

That's not what it's doing.

> Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? Is this behaviour right?

Your trace suggests the code is crashing or something inside the method to
locate the exception "type". I really don't know what it's doing, but it's
trying to do what it usually does when there's an error status in the
message.