mace-opensaml-users - RE: Reading a SAML Assertion from a file

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Reading a SAML Assertion from a file

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Cristian Opincaru'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Reading a SAML Assertion from a file
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:03:02 -0400

> As I also mentioned in the comment, without cloning the
> Document I get a NullPointerException when I try to send the message.
>
> Any clue on this strange thing?

XML libraries written by different people tend to basically not work
together, and WSS4J isn't my code.

If you have a stack trace I might be able to speculate, but what you posted
doesn't really suggest anything to me. Cloning a document isn't really very
common in any case, as opposed to just importing nodes.

I can usually spot issues related to document reuse or management because of
how my code works, but this doesn't jump out at me.