mace-opensaml-users - Re: Can not marshall a SAMLObject if it contains another one which has been marshalled

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Can not marshall a SAMLObject if it contains another one which has been marshalled

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Can not marshall a SAMLObject if it contains another one which has been marshalled
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 21:51:18 -0400

This has been fixed. Checkout the latest code from head.

Just a small side note, the TP2 hasn't been released yet, just some of the files have be updated to reflect the TP2 release that should be built this weekend.

wrote:
Hi,I'm using OpenSAML2-J tp2 and when I try to marshall an Envelope which has
a Response in its Body, and the response has been marshalled because it needs
signed(if we want to sign a SAMLObject, we have to marshall it first, am i
right?), i get the expcetion:

ERROR [AbstractXMLObjectMarshaller] Unable to root namespaces of cached DOM
element, {urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion}Issuer

org.opensaml.xml.parse.XMLParserException: Unable to resolve namespace prefix
xmlns found on attribute {http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/}saml found on element
{urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion}Issuer

Seems it cannot determine the root namespace, i dont know if it's caused by
my wrong usage or OpenSAML's bug, could anyone help me?Thanks.

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124