mace-opensaml-users - Stability of source tree

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Stability of source tree

  • From: Bradley Beddoes <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Stability of source tree
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:46:01 +1000

Hi,
I am currently in the process of finalizing the design of a project in the AAA space and was wanting to get some guidance please on the stability of the opensaml 2 code.

Essentially there are several pieces of the 2.0 spec that would be very useful in the design of this project as it currently stands but I note that the code repository clearly states that it should not be used in production systems.

Timelines for starting work on this project in a technical sense are within the next month to two months with completion by early 2007.

Could you please advise if the code (both Java and C++) is stable enough for usage now or if not how stability plans may fit in with my timelines. Should it prove to not be a happy fit we will have to look at using the 1.1 compliant opensaml code.

thanks,
Bradley

Bradley Beddoes | Senior Programmer | Network Applications
Queensland University of Technology

Ph +61 7 3864 1702 | Fax +61 7 3864 2921

email

CRICOS No 00213J