mace-opensaml-users - RE: Build problem for xml-tooling

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Build problem for xml-tooling

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Dobroslav Kolev'" <>, "'mace-opensaml-users'" <>
  • Subject: RE: Build problem for xml-tooling
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 18:18:12 -0400

> The latest tarball I could get is 0.9.8b and the VC project
> requires 0.9.8d. So I cheated and renamed the two to
> ssleay32_0_9_8D.lib and libeay32_0_9_8D.lib respectively.
> Without those the project complains in compilation. With
> those, I get a bunch of linker errors. Can any one help?

The errors might to be due to using a mix of static and dynamic C runtime
linker settings, missing XML libraries, hard to say, it's a mess. Please
don't post something that large again, nobody really wants that in their
inbox.

The OpenSSL library names are mine. I'm sick of OpenSSL not properly
versioning itself and creating conflicts with itself, so I manually modifed
my build to create versioned libraries. If you want to avoid that, change
the linker input settings.

Beyond that, this code is not yet supported and requires unreleased Apache
xmlsec code.