mace-opensaml-users - RE: OpenSAML dependency on DOM3

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: OpenSAML dependency on DOM3

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Sunit Randhawa'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: OpenSAML dependency on DOM3
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:09:22 -0400

> Is there a possibility to refactor the openSAML code using JAXP1.2 which
> again would not depend on DOM3?

The bottom line is you're more than welcome to do anything with the code you
want as long as you make it yours. Just repackage it under a different
domain name (com.adobe or whatever) and it will never collide. The JAXP
dependencies are in the XML class mainly, and the DOM3 stuff is easy to
find.

If you're asking whether it's a possibility somebody else will refactor it,
like say me, the answer is pretty much no chance.

I think the deeper question is still why this container cares and reporting
the bugs there so they get fixed.