mace-opensaml-users - RE: Validating a SAML assertion with openSAML 1.1 (C++)

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Validating a SAML assertion with openSAML 1.1 (C++)

  • From: "Austen Ito" <>
  • To: "'Scott Cantor'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Validating a SAML assertion with openSAML 1.1 (C++)
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:22:35 -1000

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the lightning quick reply. I appreciate it :)

> Validating is a pretty vague term. Could you be more specific?

I'm going to use the terms from the OpenSaml 2.0 User Manual to try and be
more specific. This is a list of what I want to do with the OpenSaml 1.1
library:

1. Create a SAML object from an XML Source.
2. Validate the SAML object against a schema.
3. Be able to access the information from the elements within the XML
source.

Does that clear it up a bit? Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
austen

At the current time, we don't need to encrypt our SAML assertions using the
OpenSaml package. All we have to do is validate the SAML assertion that is
contained in the xml file we are provided with.

I hope that makes it a bit more specific. If not