mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML 2.0 metadata

  • From: Manuela Stanica <>
  • To: Chad La Joie <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: SAML 2.0 metadata
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:25:33 +0200

Hi,

I have a question concerning a metadata unmarshalling issue. In my project I have created an Extensions element to Organization in an EntityDescriptor, in order to map certain data objects as children of the Extensions element. For this I've used AttributeExtensibleXMLObject, as I would like to map a certain piece of information as an attribute to an Extensions child. Here is the code I've used (the attribute is called matchAlgo):

Extensions extensions = extensionsBuilder.buildObject(extQName);
AttributeExtensibleXMLObject extension = (AttributeExtensibleXMLObject) defaultBuilder.buildObject(extensionsChildQName);
QName matchAlgoQName = new QName(HLPattern.EGHL_NS, HLPattern.MATCH_ALGO_NAME, HLPattern.EGHL_PREFIX);
extension.getUnknownAttributes().put(matchAlgoQName,hlPattern.getMatchingAlgo());
extensions.getUnknownXMLObjects().add(extension);

The marshalling for this works very well, but I have trouble with unmarshalling for retrieveing the value of the attribute. Looking at the debug logs, I see that the matchingAlgo attribute is found and read, and the processAttribute() function is called. But then I don't seem to manage to retrieve its value; can you please tell me what is the right way to do so?

Something like extension.getUnknownAttributes().get(0) or ((ElementProxy)extesion).getUnknownAttributes().get(0) doesn't seem to work, it returns null.

Regards,

--
Manuela Stanica

DFN-Verein - The German Education & Research Network
Stresemannstrasse 78, D-10963 Berlin

Tel. +49 30 88429929
www.dfn.de Fax +49 30 88429970

  • Re: SAML 2.0 metadata, Manuela Stanica, 06/22/2006