mace-opensaml-users - Re: OpenSAML 2.0, Java Edition, Technology Preview 1

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: OpenSAML 2.0, Java Edition, Technology Preview 1

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: OpenSAML 2.0, Java Edition, Technology Preview 1
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:11:41 -0400

Two things I forgot to mention:

First, this release also include validation support via schema and new validator rules which are MUCH faster than schema and work directly on the Java objects.

Second, we do have a TP1 version in bugzilla for people to log bugs under. http://bugzilla.internet2.edu/

Chad La Joie wrote:
I am pleased to announce the released of OpenSAML 2.0, Java Edition,
Technology Preview 1. This release has the following features:

- Ability to parse, marshall, unmarshall, and build SAML 1.0, 1.1, and
2.0 messages.
- Metadata caching and filtering
- Documentation (yeah, we have that stuff now) ;)
- Ability to work with XML fragments (taking part of a SAML message and
sticking it into another DOM document.... like a SOAP header or body)

This release is *NOT* production level code but does represents what we
believe to be to the final design of the library (for the components
mentioned above). However that does not mean API's won't change as
development continues and feedback comes in.

So, now is the time to provide us feedback. Go out, get the library,
read the docs, and break the code.

Documentation:
https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/OpenSAML

Source Webview: