mace-opensaml-users - RE: CRL question

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: CRL question

  • From: "Christopher Brown" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: CRL question
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:16:45 -0400

Title: RE: CRL question

You might want to take a look at OCSP.

From: [mailto:]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 2:48 AM

It's for the authentication of users. The situation is the following:

The users can login to our website via a Federal service of the belgian government. Thus, all the login is not part of our application. The federal service sends (posts) a SAML message to our application with the info of the user and the status of the login (success, failed, etc.). We need to check the validity of the saml message before allowing the user to enter to our website. We manage quite sensitive information, so we cannot ignore the CRLs. Since this website is intended for the clients, 20-30 seconds waiting for the login is in the limit of the acceptable. That's why we want to (if possible) cache the CRLs, for diminishing that waiting time.

Thanks,
regards,
Miro