mace-opensaml-users - Re: 2.0 Status

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: 2.0 Status

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: 2.0 Status
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:25:43 -0400

Sure can.

OpenSAML2 - Java:
First, and most importantly, the Java code compiles and passes all of it's unit tests again.

I'm currently finishing up support for those schema types that have <any/> and <anyAttribute/> constructs. The SAML 2 code is done, SAML 1 code will get the changes either this evening or tomorrow afternoon.

As Scott mentioned, we're currently preparing for a "technology preview" release which will include:
- Support for parsing and generating SAML 1.0, 1.1 (with the exception of Artifacts), and 2.0 (with the exception of AuthnContext) XML.
- Support for metadata caching
- Schema based validation
- Validator based validation of schema and specification stated constraints (where testable)
- Updated documentation including examples and better introductory information

The following items will not be included:
- XML Digital Signature and Encryption support
- Some AuthnContext support; what exactly we'll implement but it'll likely be "common" contexts like password and X.509 related ones
- Binding and Profile support
- Documentation for the above

This release should provide people a good base to "play" with the library. It does NOT represent the final the APIs but does represents, I believe, the final design and structure of the code (until Scott finds something really broken ;)). The APIs will be pretty solid as well, but we reserve the right to change them in order to support the remaining functionality that needs to be implemented.

After the Internet 2 Member Meeting, at the end of this month, when most of the developers will meet face-to-face I'll update the release schedule.

Apparao Kalimireddy wrote:
Can we get latest status on OpenSAML 2.0 development?
Thanks
-apparao

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124

  • 2.0 Status, Apparao Kalimireddy, 04/11/2006
    • RE: 2.0 Status, Scott Cantor, 04/11/2006
    • Re: 2.0 Status, Chad La Joie, 04/11/2006