mace-opensaml-users - RE: The class Hierarchy

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: The class Hierarchy

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Yanhua Han'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: The class Hierarchy
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:02:17 -0400

> I am also new to SAML2.0, and I am reading the source code.
> Now I think a total classes Hierarchy will help me to understand it more
> quickly. Is there document about the classes Hierarchy available?

Yes, the javadocs, but I don't think you're going to get anywhere learning
SAML 2.0 from the code, even once it's done.

You need to read the spec, and I say that understanding that it's big. If
you tell me what you're interested in, I can probably suggest a decent
starting point, but there's a technical overview at the OASIS site that's
not a bad choice.

But really no matter what you want to do with it, you have to understand the
core schema a bit, and possibly some of the protocols depending on the case.
There's a saml-dev mailing list at OASIS that's better for general SAML
questions.