mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML 2.0 Meta data

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML 2.0 Meta data

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Andreas Åkre Solberg <>
  • Cc: OpenSAML <>
  • Subject: Re: SAML 2.0 Meta data
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:35:31 -0600

On Feb 13, 2006, at 2:40 AM, Andreas Åkre Solberg wrote:
Will opensaml 2.0 cover SAML 2.0 meta data at all?

If so, how far is the meta data section from being fully implemented (in time and space)?
If not, does there exist any other java library that support saml 2.0 meta data?

We've had code for this for quite a while, but it's been hosted in the Shibboleth project. I believe the plan is that for 2.0 this will be pushed up into OpenSAML. If you need the code now, check here: http://anoncvs.internet2.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/shibboleth/java/

Also related and of note is the trust interface and corresponding implementations.

-Walter