mace-opensaml-users - RE: FactoryConfigurationError exception

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: FactoryConfigurationError exception

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: FactoryConfigurationError exception
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:13:23 -0500

> I have a Java program in which the first interesting thing I
> do is to instantiate a SAMLNameIdentifier.
> SAMLConfig.verifyUsableXmlParser() throws a
> javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError exception and
> states "OpenSAML requires an xml parser that supports DOM3
> calls. Sun JAXP 1.3 has been included with this release and
> is strongly recommended. If you are using Java 1.4, make sure
> that you have enabled the Endorsed Standards Override
> Mechanism for this parser (see
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/standards/ for details)."

The DOM3 check is based on checking for a method in a class in the
org.w3c.dom package. The right classes must be getting hidden by a copy of
the interface classes somewhere else. I think you might be able to trace the
classloader and find out where it's getting them.

> p.s. Just an extra note: if I run 'java
> org.apache.xerces.impl.Version' it responds with 'Xerces-J
> 2.7.1'.

That just means the implementation classes aren't hidden, even though the
DOM API is.