mace-opensaml-users - RE: org.opensaml.InvalidCryptoException: SAMLSignedObject.verify() failed to validate signature value

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: org.opensaml.InvalidCryptoException: SAMLSignedObject.verify() failed to validate signature value

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: org.opensaml.InvalidCryptoException: SAMLSignedObject.verify() failed to validate signature value
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:14:03 -0400

> //------------------------------------
> I get following error
>
> org.opensaml.InvalidCryptoException:
> SAMLSignedObject.verify() failed to validate signature value
> //----------------------------------------------------------
> Please help me resolve this one. Below is my XML document

If the signature doesn't validate with a certificate that you're 100%
certain was used to sign it, then the XML was probably corrupted between the
time you signed and then read the XML back in for checking.

That's the most common and extremely difficult problem to solve. If you
produced the XML in the first place, that code is probably the place to look
and you could produce a sample for independent testing.

If not, then you're at the mercy of whomever or whatever produced the XML.

Your XML is suspicously devoid of reality, using those opensaml references,
so I suspect this is some kind of dummy test. I don't know what to say, the
sample tests in the code work fine. If you can't get those to run, your Java
environment is screwed up.