mace-opensaml-users - RE: Supported Transform Algorithm

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Supported Transform Algorithm

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Supported Transform Algorithm
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:05:15 -0400

> Hi, I'm new to OpenSAML. Is the following transform algorithm supoorted?

No. Per line 1592 of core, implementations MAY reject signatures containing
transforms other than enveloped and excl c14n. You're using inclusive c14n,
which is not only something I can and do reject but is also a bad idea.

It makes your signature dependent on the namespaces surrounding the
assertion in the message.