mace-opensaml-users - RE: Problem with getX509Certificates

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Problem with getX509Certificates

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Jean-Noel Colin'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Problem with getX509Certificates
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:06:16 -0400

> Is this a bug or am I missing something?

My guess is you're attempting to pull the certificate back out immediately
after signing it, which exposes the fact that XML security does not populate
the KeyInfo object inside the signature unless the signature is parsed
directly, not when it's actually created.

I could have used the same hack I use up above in the verify method to get
it to populare a local KeyInfo object using the raw XML, but I didn't see
much of a use case for this method by the signer.