mace-opensaml-users - RE: Unable to perform SSO using SAML toolkit and SunONE

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Unable to perform SSO using SAML toolkit and SunONE

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Unable to perform SSO using SAML toolkit and SunONE
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:06:37 -0400

> I have configured SAML 1.1 Toolkit client as Asserting Party

As I said in my response on the shibboleth list, I don't know what SAML 1.1
Toolkit client means. Do you mean you built something yourself with
OpenSAML? If so, what, and why would anybody on this list be able to debug
your code?

> javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Bad response: (401Unauthorized
> at

This is completely clear to me, the Sun SP isn't able to authenticate to the
SAML service you apparently built. That's up to you to do, OpenSAML doesn't
have any functionality in it that relates to server-side authn of a
requester.