mace-opensaml-users - OpenSAML 1.1 released

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

OpenSAML 1.1 released

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: OpenSAML 1.1 released
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:29:42 -0400

Realized I neglected to send an official notice. The 1.1 release is now done
and the web site is updated with the new builds. This is a major release,
hopefully the last focusing on SAML 1.1.

It should also now run on the JDK 1.3 platform when needed, although there
are probably some considerations there I don't know. The new build script
conditionally includes certain code when using 1.4 or newer to compile it.

Information on the new features is included in the NEWS files in the
sources. A decent number of people have been using a cvs build for a while,
I think, so I don't think there are any surprises here, but now there's a
final build to use.

Before anybody asks, no, I don't know when 2.0 will be significantly
underway. There is a metadata implementation in Shibboleth now, so the first
step will probably be moving it to this code base. Additional progress
before fall will probably depend on certain contributions that may or may
not be made.

I also would like to get the code moved to Visual C++.NET and gcc4-style
visibility modifiers before I do anything else with it.

-- Scott

  • OpenSAML 1.1 released, Scott Cantor, 07/27/2005