mace-opensaml-users - Re: authentication questions

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: authentication questions

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: "Garcia, Gene" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: authentication questions
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:28:27 -0700 (PDT)

1) Is there a way for a service provider to send an authentication request for an unidentified user? For a user that the third party knows nothing about, they'd need to send an authentication request with no subject. In SAML2.0 that appears to be no problem, but in SAML1.1 (and hence, with opensaml) I don't see a way to do this. Am I missing something?

Eh, in SAML 1.1 there is no authentication request at all, hence no subject field to trip over ...

- RL "Bob"