mace-opensaml-users - RE: OpenSAML beta build error and AMD64 Opteron

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: OpenSAML beta build error and AMD64 Opteron

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Brent Putman'" <>, "'Shibboleth Development'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: OpenSAML beta build error and AMD64 Opteron
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:10:20 -0400

> As a followup - it seems that in addition to a newer libtool.m4 macro
> file, I also needed the corresponding newer ltmain.sh script, also
> pulled from the libtool 1.5.6 package on the system.

Right, the version in cvs was generated using the first released version of
libtool that finally supported C++ (well, at least didn't botch it
horribly).

Basically every time a major change in platforms (like the 64 bit stuff)
comes along, things break and a new libtool script set has to be generated.
This can be done by just rerunning the libtool commands that I used. I will
try and get that documented once I remember how I did it and which files
needed to be checked in.

As far as the S/390 issue, there were a variety of linker failures I hit,
but I had hopes that eventually they'd get fixed with libtool patches.

Anyway, can you please file a bug on this against the 1.1 version so I'll
remember to do this soon? Thanks. Just OpenSAML is fine, or you can file a
second against Shib 1.3.