mace-opensaml-users - Maintaining session in a SAML 2.0 AuthnRequest

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Maintaining session in a SAML 2.0 AuthnRequest

  • From: "Aman Teja" <>
  • To: "Scott Cantor" <>, <>
  • Subject: Maintaining session in a SAML 2.0 AuthnRequest
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:36:25 +0530

Hi Scott,

I have a question regarding the SAML 2.0 spec.
When the SP sends an AuthnRequest to a IdP, how can it pass session
information in such a manner that when the SAML Response comes back (with
the assertion in it) the SP can unambiguously figure out which AuthnRequest
is this in response to and process it accordingly.

BTW, if this is an inappropriate list to ask a SAML2 question on pl. let me
know what the correct list would be.

Regards
=Aman

i-name: =aman