mace-opensaml-users - RE: use the new version of log4cc

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: use the new version of log4cc

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'hao chen'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: use the new version of log4cc
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 11:07:01 -0400

> Is it possible for you to rebuild the opensaml by
> using new version of log4cc since the current opensaml
> still uses the retired object Category.

I think you're confused. I don't use log4cc (which I don't even see in
google, what is it?), I use log4cpp. It's a mostly dead project, but there
was just a recent release/rollup of the cvs version that I've been patching,
the first in 2.5 years. I don't intend to support it at this time, I don't
have the time to test it, but at some point I'll look at it, or somebody
else is welcome to.

log4cxx is an Apache library, but it's still in the developmental stage and
is not baked. Once it's stable, I would probably be in favor of moving to
that, if anything.