mace-opensaml-users - RE: Newbie question: ClassCastException trying to bind SAML Request to SOAP

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Newbie question: ClassCastException trying to bind SAML Request to SOAP

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Bill Price'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Newbie question: ClassCastException trying to bind SAML Request to SOAP
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:18:08 -0400

> I am having trouble trying to get my program to create a SOAP
> message that carries a SAMLRequest based on an attribute
> query. I am not able to place the request in a SOAPBody. A

I don't know anything about Axis, but the obvious thing to me is that you're
not specifying what Document to use when you generate the DOMs. If you don't
give me one, I have to use my own. There's no way you can add the result to
a document node from some other document unless you import or adopt it.

You probably need to pass *your* document into toDOM(). That's why there are
four different versions of the method.