mace-opensaml-users - RE: Interoperability tests with 9 SAML products

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Interoperability tests with 9 SAML products

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Cortezzo, Jason'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Interoperability tests with 9 SAML products
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:47:45 -0400

> discussed this on this mailing list a few weeks ago. I ended up changing
> the SOAP schema that OpenSAML uses so that the attribute was allowed. I
> think this was checked into the OpenSAML CVS.

Yes, it is.

> The only other issue was with the Entrust product. It, for some reason,
> did not like the format of the SAML requests. It wanted to see namespace
> prefixes on all of the elements.

Holy bogus XML, batman. I hopoe it didn't actually *care* what the prefixes
were...

> This change seemed to make the Entrust product happy while maintaining
> interoperability with all of the other products.

We're doing some Shibboleth IdP testing right now ourselves and haven't run
into that particular issue, but that would be playing the opposite role, so
we'll see.

I'm not averse to making namespace prefixes an option if it can be added in
a reasonable way. The new code has the element construction factored out
somewhat, so it's not as hard to add it now. It won't make it into 1.1
though.