mace-opensaml-users - RE: can opensaml c/c++ implementation be built in VC7

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: can opensaml c/c++ implementation be built in VC7

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'hao chen'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: can opensaml c/c++ implementation be built in VC7
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 14:22:49 -0400

> Any one knows if opensaml c/c++ implementation can be
> built in VC7 (packaged in .Net visual studio) or has a
> successful experience to compile it in VC7. When I try

It's not officially ported right now. The code should mostly work, but
you'll have to port many of the dependencies without proper makefiles for it
and you will not have a plug and play experience.

In general, open source projects have not moved to it, and that's holding me
up because I don't have time to maintain support for both compilers, so once
I move, that's it.