mace-opensaml-users - SAML attribute question

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

SAML attribute question

  • From: Dung Huynh <>
  • To:
  • Subject: SAML attribute question
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:46:26 -0700

Hi,

I am doing research in the SAML 1.1 specification and run across some question in SAML attribute. I hope that some one in the group can help to answer.

The <Attribute> element supplies the value for an attribute of an assertion subject, and it is an extend of AttributeDesignatorType.
The AttributeDesignatorType has 2 required field, AttributeName and AttributeNamespace.

My question is the following:

1) is the AttributeNamespace must be "http://www.oasis-open.org/RSA2004/attributes"; and what are the list of attribute names that can be used as AttributeName for http://www.oasis-open.org/RSA2004/attributes AttributeNamespace .

2) Is it possible to introduce my user-define attribute name (ie. "security level") and use with http://www.oasis-open.org/RSA2004/attributes AttributeNamespace?

Thanks in advance for helping.
-Dung