mace-opensaml-users - RE: endorsed library

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: endorsed library

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Jake Wu'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: endorsed library
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:45:20 -0500

> In the opensaml readme file, there is the requirement for endorsed
> library mechanism in Java. This is to copy dom3-*.jar files from
> opensaml/java/endorsed to the JDK's endorsed folder. In the project I
> checked out from cvs, I cannot find the dom3-*.jar in the endorsed
> folder. However, I can find them in the binary distribution and copied
> from there. So what is the difference between the two?

If you mean HEAD, the README file is not updated. The new code is JAXP 1.3
based. All the files in the endorsed folder have to be endorsed on 1.4.x,
but none of them are named dom3-* anymore. The JAXP 1.3 parser package for
JDK 1.4 includes DOM3 support.

A better choice is to use JDK 1.5. You still need Apache xalan (from lib) in
the classpath to get xmlsec to work, but the rest of the XML support is part
of the JRE and no other libraries are needed.