mace-opensaml-users - RE: Opensaml APIs

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Opensaml APIs

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Jake Wu'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Opensaml APIs
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:50:14 -0500

> My scenario is: I want to build a component. This component will take in
> the usename and password of company A, as input and create a saml
> assertion to be sent to an assertion consumer component on the Relying
> party side using SOAP with ws security.

Something like WS-Federation does, you mean?

> My question is: Does openSAML provide any APIs/Classes which I can
> directly use to create a SAML assertion for this user(Company
> A)who just signs in with his username/password?

OpenSAML has classes that can build the assertion and presumably sign it and
generate the resulting XML.

There's nothing to complicated about it, you just create the objects you
want and pass in the data or call set/add methods after building it. Mainly
by starting from the inside out, build the subject, any conditions you want,
the statements, and then the assertion. Then sign it when you're done and
call SAMLAssertion.toString()

-- Scott

  • Opensaml APIs, Jake Wu, 03/22/2005
    • RE: Opensaml APIs, Scott Cantor, 03/22/2005