mace-opensaml-users - RE: Problems installing opensaml

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Problems installing opensaml

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Problems installing opensaml
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:01:31 -0500

> gcc 3.2.2. I am trying to install on an s390x suse linux server.
>
> Has anyone run into this? Can anyone offer any assistance?

I ran into it. I don't support s390 Linux, but I did get it to build (I got
all of Shib to build in fact). But I had to do a lot of digging into
makefiles and eventually had to manually edit libtool archive files that
were being created. It's a libtool bug, I think.

As I recall, the problem had to do with multiple copies of the runtime stubs
being linked in. I had to edit the build to delete one of the sets. I may
have had to manually run the link command myself.

It's been a while, and I don't recall the specific steps I used. It
suggested to me that even though I got it to work, it was pointless to
support the platform at that time until the toolchain worked.

Note that in general the tools don't work on 64-bit Linux period. Not ready
for prime time.