mace-opensaml-users - CVS churn

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

CVS churn

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: CVS churn
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:32:40 -0500

Just in case anybody gets an unexpected surprise, I've been actively
rewriting a good portion of the Java library in the last week or so, and
have completely reimplemented the profile and binding code plus added some
hooks for things like identifier generation, a replay cache, etc.

It is largely API compatible for the basic library objects that most people
would be using, but the rest is totally new (not a surprise since what
little else there was sucked). Some bugs in the objects were fixed, and I've
added back-pointers (getParent) and can detect multiple-object-insertion
now.

The artifact code from Tom Scavo will be in fairly soon, I'm getting POST
back in shape first. There's a single profile interface that I'll supply an
implementation of both inside for the destination/SP side, and the
Shibboleth Java SP will be using it, so it will finally be tested and
usable.

The new binding code supports SOAP and HTTP hooks for people that want to do
fancier things for authentication or whatever else.

So a lot of stuff is coming, partly to get things in shape for the 2.0 work,
but things are a bit messy now. What's there builds and runs, though. It is
based on JAXP 1.3 now, so it has more libraries to endorse for use with JDK
1.4 but runs natively on 1.5.

-- Scott

  • CVS churn, Scott Cantor, 02/04/2005