mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML 2.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML 2.0

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Guo, Jiandong'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: SAML 2.0
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:38:19 -0500

> It seems SAML 2.0 will be ready anytime soon. What the plan
> for its support in opensaml?

Your primary author has been busy writing the specification, so the
implementation is going to lag. I'm hoping to have some Java code relatively
soon, but I don't expect a full 2.0 release until later this year.

There is at least one Java open source alternative from Ping that's supposed
to be done fairly soon, so that may be worth looking at.

-- Scott

  • SAML 2.0, Guo, Jiandong, 01/07/2005
    • RE: SAML 2.0, Scott Cantor, 01/07/2005