mace-opensaml-users - RE: Opensaml/xmlsec performance

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Opensaml/xmlsec performance

  • From: "Raul Benito" <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Opensaml/xmlsec performance
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:45:17 +0100 (CET)

>Actually I got significant performance improvement with xmlsec-1.1 jar
files. It used to take around 300 to 500ms to sign when 30 to 50
concurrent requests were being made and the older xmlsec library were
being used. The time went down to around 0 to 15ms with the new
xmlsec-1.1 jar file. The algorithm being used is sha1-hmac and I m using
symmetric key. Maybe PKI based signature would take longer time but for
now I m happy with the results I m getting.

>-Sanga

You can now download the new version of xml-sec 1.2RC1 and it will be
improve your performancee(two times more or less). It is backward
comptability so you can drop instead of 1.1 jar, and it should work. Also
if you want still more speed you can go to the native JCE, it will give
you more JUICE ;) .

Regards,

Raul

http://r-bg.com

  • RE: Opensaml/xmlsec performance, Raul Benito, 11/02/2004