mace-opensaml-users - Opensaml/xmlsec performance

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Opensaml/xmlsec performance

  • From: Sanga Viswanathan <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Opensaml/xmlsec performance
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:33:40 -0700

Title: Message
I have been using opensaml and was not signing the saml assertions initially. When we had done performance testing, we had gotten reasonable numbers. However now with signing turned on, I see the response time degrade significantly. This gets worse as the load increases.
I have been using xmlsec-1.0.5.jar so far. The response time for a single thread sequentially signing a number of times is also erratic. The time taken to sign varieds between 160ms to 3 sec.

 I know there has been a lot of fixes put into the xmlsec-1.1 version and would like to know what your experience has been.
If I were to use the new xmlsec jar file, is that the only jar to replace or the corresponding xalan jar is also needed.

Any information regarding this would be very useful.

thanks
Sanga