mace-opensaml-users - RE: puzzled

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: puzzled

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: puzzled
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:29:29 -0400

> Then, I encode the file by apache base64 api , decode it and
> output it to
>
> another file B(*.xml) . In the file B, only root element hava
> these namespaces.

This is because the Java version uses a c14n object from xmlsec to do the
output to string, and that strips the extra namespaces in some cases.

> I am puzzled. File A and File B are not the same. it generate
> verify error.

The problem may be namespace-related, but not due to anything you posted.
Exclusive c14n happens before verification anyway. More likely either you
added a namespace somewhere without telling the library about it, or
something is corrupting the XML before or after you're encoding it.

-- Scott

  • puzzled, pwu, 08/19/2004
    • RE: puzzled, Scott Cantor, 08/19/2004