mace-opensaml-users - OpenSAML examples/documentation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

OpenSAML examples/documentation

  • From: "Mike Ferraro" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: OpenSAML examples/documentation
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:17:34 -0400

Does anyone know of any sample code and/or documentation available for the
OpenSAML libraries? I've been figuring out answers to my questions
bit-by-bit, but it is extremely time consuming to browse through the
Shibboleth code and OpenSAML test code looking for answers to particular
questions when you're not intimately familiar with the classes. I'm trying
to build an attribute service and client using the SAML attribute query and
so I have a very specific area that I'm working in.

One of my general questions has to do with the signature. When performing a
verify() on a SAMLObject, does the verify() method perform all of the
specified canonicalization and transforms or does that have to be done
manually somehow?

Also, I'm curious about the reason behind the decision to use exceptions to
handle response status instead of using the SAMLObject model and having a
SAMLStatus class?

-----
Mike Ferraro
Senior Software Engineer
CAIT : Information Technology Infrastructure Services
Harvard University