mace-opensaml-users - RE: Bug?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Bug?

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Bug?
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:08:51 -0600

> Yes, I'm using the opensaml 1.0, and Xerces-J 2.6.2 that's
> different version of the jars included in OpenSAML 1.0.
> That's wrong??

It shouldn't be, I was just wondering. In fact, I was even going to suggest
you might try that.

But, you're using the DOM3 version, right? I would think it should be
detecting them per usual and preventing things from starting up if you
weren't, but the problem you had is a DOM3 issue, so it must be something to
do with that.

Can you possibly dump the assertion text before you pass it into the
constructor? I don't really understand what's happening, I can't see any way
for the crash to happen. It looks like a required attribute is missing, and
the parser should be detecting that when it validates.

I wonder if the 2.6 stuff has changed some aspect of the DOM3 functionality
in the default distribution. They still say you have to download source and
build the DOM3 version yourself, so if you didn't do that, I think you
should do that, or just use the dom3-*.jar files in the opensaml endorsed
folder. I haven't tested with 2.6 either, so 2.5 would be a safer starting
point.

-- Scott

  • Bug?, Grover Manuel Campos Ancajima, 06/25/2004
    • RE: Bug?, Scott Cantor, 06/25/2004
      • Re: Bug?, Grover Manuel Campos Ancajima, 06/25/2004
        • RE: Bug?, Scott Cantor, 06/25/2004
          • Re: Bug?, Grover Manuel Campos Ancajima, 06/26/2004
            • RE: Bug?, Scott Cantor, 06/26/2004