mace-opensaml-users - RE: Problems compiling Opensaml on AIX4.3

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Problems compiling Opensaml on AIX4.3

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Prashant S Kulkarni' <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Problems compiling Opensaml on AIX4.3
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 20:44:08 -0400

> I have been able to compile all dependant packages for opensaml C++ APIs
> on AIX 4.3.3.0. But when I tried to run the signtest program given
> in the opensaml package it is giving core dump. GDB says "libcurl.a": not
> in executable format:
> File format not recognized.". I ran the tests for curl and it was 100%
> successful.
>
> Did anybody came across such errors? Appreciate if you can advise.

I remain skeptical that using static libraries is going to be anything but a
disaster. The reference to libcurl.a is a static library reference. You
really need to --enable-shared universally across all the packages, and
ideally --disable-static to keep the statics out.

As for the error, I don't have any idea, I don't have much experience with
GDB. If you're using a GDB that isn't extremely recent, that's likely to be
a problem for C++ code, but libcurl is in C.