mace-opensaml-users - RE: Getting Error in a CDSSO environment

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Getting Error in a CDSSO environment

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: "'Parthasarathy, Prasanna (Cognizant)'" <>,
  • Subject: RE: Getting Error in a CDSSO environment
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:23:55 -0400

> SAMLSOAPBinding.send() caught an I/O exception (wrapped:
> unknown certificate)

I think I mentioned in a separate thread that the Java send() stuff,
especially the SSL layer is not really tested and I don't really imagine it
works for much. It's a pretty static trust model SSL-wise, and I would guess
the error in there is something to do with your CA settings.

I expect that code to evolve quite a bit in the coming months because of the
Shibboleth Java components under development, but part of that evolution
will likely be to reduce the work being done by OpenSAML as far as
evaluating certs and moving that out to the surrounding code where it needs
to be.