mace-opensaml-users - RE: Question: SubjectQuery and SubjectStatement Elements

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Question: SubjectQuery and SubjectStatement Elements

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: "'Rathod, Ashish (A.K.)'" <>,
  • Subject: RE: Question: SubjectQuery and SubjectStatement Elements
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:54:19 -0400

> I found that in current implementation of opensaml there is
> no implementation of these elements.

The "current" implementation is what's in cvs, not the last actual release.
CVS is miles beyond that tarfile at this point. It will be going to 1.0
probably by the end of next week.

> The Authentication, Attribute and AuthorizationDecison Query
> extend SAMLQuery. The same applies to the statement also.
> Could you please let me what was the reasoning behind this?

Because originally there wasn't any reason to have the intermediates, and
even now they don't buy much. They're abstract classes anyway, and they
don't save all that much code, but I eventually did it for appearances sake.