mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML Question: How to obtain the receiver

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML Question: How to obtain the receiver

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Christoph Riesenberger' <>,
  • Subject: RE: SAML Question: How to obtain the receiver
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:02:42 -0500

> Is there a way where to add this information in a SAML query?

Given your thread on saml-dev, I think you're recognizing that what you
really want is an Issuer and Request and in SAML 2.0, we've added an Issuer
element to all request-derived messages. This doesn't help you, but at least
the problem is known.

Although in your use case, attribute queries are really only defined today
for SOAP, and that's synchronous. You return the response in the channel, so
there is no need for finding an endpoint.