mace-opensaml-users - RE: DOM 3 and Java Web Start

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: DOM 3 and Java Web Start

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'mochamaster' <>,
  • Subject: RE: DOM 3 and Java Web Start
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:36:16 -0500

> Has anyone gotten around this problem by using a
> custom classloader? And if there is a classloader
> solution, how would one write one such that it
> prevents its parent from checking for the class first
> (in rt.jar) before delegating to the custom class
> loader?

Not to preclude anyone from answering, but I bet you'd have more luck asking
this over at the Java developer forum where somebody with a lot more Java
knowledge might see it.

Personally, you're way beyond anything I know about (but the idea of using
SAML in a client is a refreshing change, so I hope there's a solution). I
guess one being waiting until Sun stops shipping a damn parser in the JDK...