mace-opensaml-users - Re: How to tranport Errors

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: How to tranport Errors

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: How to tranport Errors
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:09:50 -0500

Hi Matthias,

There is a constructor for SAMLResponse that takes a SAMLException as a parameter. You can pass this to the SAMLBinding.respond().

-Walter

wrote:

Hello,

I've read the SAML Standard several times also the OpenSaml Javadocs, but I still don't know how
to transport an error like "Service not available (in cause of maintanace)" or
something like "unknown Subject" in an attribute query.

I don't know if I should throw a Saml Exeption, or pass an SAMLExeption Object to the SAMLRespond method. Have I to tranport via soap:fault or via the StatusCode, Message, ... Elements.

Please Help.

Matthias