mace-opensaml-users - RE: one subject for multiple statements

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: one subject for multiple statements

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Liang Fang' <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: one subject for multiple statements
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:39:35 -0500

> When I use one SAMLSubject instance to create multiple SAML statements,
> the subject appears only in the last statement. And thus it fails the
> SAMLSubject.checkValidity for the first statement.
>
> Is it a bug or supposed to work in that way?

All SAML objects passed into a constructor or setter method take ownership
of it. You must clone it first if you want to keep ownership of a copy. The
alternative is giving control over copying to the library, and while that
may be acceptable in Java, I'm not willing to pay that performance penalty
in C++.