mace-opensaml-users - Re: Re: Signature validation fails after parsing SAML Response

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Re: Signature validation fails after parsing SAML Response

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Re: Signature validation fails after parsing SAML Response
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 04:49:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi am facing a similar problem using SAML and XML signature.
My scenario is little differrent. First an unsigned saml assertions are
inserted to the SOAP envelope. Later through a request handler the whole
envelope is signed useing RSA algorithm. At the receiving end while tried to
verify it, the original digest and the recalculated digests are getting
differrent. So the signature verification is getting failed. But if the
original soap message doesn't contain the saml assertions verification is
passing.. Do we have to use any special canonicalization method while signing?
or the the saml assertions has to be signed alone?

Thanks
Deepak