mace-opensaml-users - RE: latest on digital sigs.

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: latest on digital sigs.

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Bob Daly' <>,
  • Subject: RE: latest on digital sigs.
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:19:51 -0500

> I came across this archived posting from May 2003, and
> I'm seeing the exact same error...receiver of a signed
> SAMLAssertion can't verify.

Well, if you're seeing that exact error, then the root cause is indeed that
the AssertionID attribute isn't being pegged as an ID. Make sure you're not
using that compatibility-mode switch I added to support SAML 1.0 apps, which
I'm sure you're not, but that's the most likely culprit.

Apart from that...hmm. Does the Reference URI value match the AssertionID of
the signed assertion in your test case?