mace-opensaml-users - Major revisions in cvs

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Major revisions in cvs

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Major revisions in cvs
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:47:23 -0400

Just a heads up for anybody using the code, I checked in a major revision to
the Java sources that implements empty constructors and setter methods
across the board. These setters are able to write through to a DOM, so you
can parse in XML and then set fields to change them and write it back out.

Mostly I was motivated by the Axis issue that was raised, but I actually
don't mind this, it makes it somewhat easier to build SAML assertions or
whatever in a piecemeal fashion instead of having to prepare all the data in
advance and build from the bottom up. Obviously, user beware...if you read
in an Assertion and then start stomping on it, that's on you, not the
sender. ;-)

I am still working on JUnit tests for all this, but none of the bugs should
be serious, just DOM placement glitches.

I also tried to clean up some gaps in the classes, such as full support for
the Subject confirmation data stuff, Advice, that kind of thing.

Most of the collection-oriented parameters don't have setCollection methods
yet, just add/remove, but I'm working to add the missing methods also.

Jonathan, I'd appreciate if you could let me know if there's more work to do
to make this Axis-workable by checking out cvs and seeing what it does.