mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML response missing "samlp" namespace

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML response missing "samlp" namespace

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shannon Kendrick' <>,
  • Subject: RE: SAML response missing "samlp" namespace
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:31:55 -0500

> I get well-formed XML when I call the "toString()" method of
> SAMLResponse, but I do not see the "samlp" in the element
> namespace (e.g. "<samlp:Response>"). Instead I see
> "<Response>". I haven't yet attempted to digitally sign the
> reponse, so I wonder if the "samlp" occurs during canonicalization.

I generally declare a default namespace (for better or for worse) and
override it when necessary. As far as I know, what's in cvs
generates valid XML in all the cases I know of, both Java and C++. The Java
serializes to exclusive c14n in every case, and there's
an Init class method to get/set the inclusive prefix list.

As long as the prefix list is correct, it shouldn't matter what the XML is
contained in when it serializes, the output should be
consistent.